Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just a bit more on diet

I'm realising a mistake I made last week, when I talked about what Daniel's Diet cuts out. It's not about what's missing, it's abundantly about what's there!

Of course, it is fairly important for that particular diet to avoid artificial stuff, dairy and wheat, but for any diet it's great to realise what is good for you - and go crazy with it.

Fresh fruit and vegetables, for one thing, are wonderful when you just enjoy the raw sensual joy of them! Here are naturally grown foods, each one completely different.

Perhaps that's partly what detracts from them, too. You don't know exactly what you're going to get, unlike McDonald's where it's all about predictability.

I used to prefer predictability, so I simply reprogrammed my mind. This natural stuff is better for me, and I do enjoy a good stir fry when someone else makes it, so why don't I start experimenting with the veges I know well - and some I don't! The worst that could happen is I don't like the taste.

So now, even though I stumble with naughty ice cream sometimes, it's a real treat to go to the Otara Flea Markets after dropping Marie off to work at 6am on a Saturday, and, in the glimmering dawn, choose from some of the whopping vegetables and fruit they have there.

I came home last Saturday with a spring onion about 3 feet long! And a celery I needed both hands to hold. Healthy vegetables and fruit give you such a feeling of abundance and wealth, it's amazing.

And now I'm sounding like a true nut! Must be time for my salad...

Tags: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:20 pm, Blogger ADM said...

What are the tags all about, toots?

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger Simon said...

You'll have to click them to find out.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger ADM said...

Despite 'conventional wisdom' (which I find isn't all that wise anyways), I do find your enhancements and additions to be of the highly educational variety. Extremely so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home