Monday, November 14, 2005

Farewell, Peter Drucker

I was surprised how surprised I was to read that Peter Drucker passed away last week. After all, he'd had a better than average innings at 95 years old.

But somehow I feel - and I'm sure this is true of many in the business community - that someone very important has passed away. Not someone who used to be important, but someone who was still actively contributing to management theory.

I didn't know much about Drucker until I read his excellent kinda-biographical book Adventures of a Bystander. I recommend it - this guy lived through some of the 20th century's most amazing moments (good and bad) and was able to bring a lot of perspective to how to work ...today.

Farewell, Peter Drucker. I never met you, but thanks to your writing I felt like I knew you.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 am, Blogger Michael Bains said...

Nice sendoff. Drucker was insightful and generally non-prejudicial in his economic assessments.

Here's to hoping Greenspan stays healthy as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home