Monday, October 03, 2005

Left-handed people are ‘higher earners’

Left-handed people are ‘higher earners’ - Sunday Times - Times Online

Heard about this from Dan Pink's blog. As a lefty, I'm glad to hear this.

Interesting that the article also says:

"...when the researchers examined females they found the situation was reversed, with women paying a significant penalty for being left-handed. They earn 4% less than women with dominant right hands."

Strange. Because I remember reading somewhere that you're more likely to find a left-handed man than a left-handed woman. Don't know if that affects things statistically or not... but there y'go!

Interestingly, in my first creative writing job I came across more than my fair share of left-handed women as coworkers. Such is the nature of creative work. I told each one of them they were very rare!

2 Comments:

At 8:47 am, Blogger Leo Piccioli said...

I did not know this, as a male lefty I will ask for a raise!!!

I've heard about some research (MIT) comparing dominant hand with dominant eyes and intelligence, know anything about it?

 
At 12:24 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Hi Leo,

I don't know of that research, sorry. If you find it could you pass me a link?

Many thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home