Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Singh is world's number 1!

FOX SPORTS | Golf | Vijay on top of world (September 7, 2004)

I don't know much about golf, but I do know I've heard Vijay Singh's name in golf news for a long time. He deserves this success because of his stickability.

There's also a telling quote in the news story I've linked to:

"My focus was really on winning the golf tournament," said Singh. "I didn't get out of focus. I got it done."

I like that. He wasn't so much focused on 'being the world's number one', he was focused on winning that specific tournament. There's something in that, I'm sure!

1 Comments:

At 4:25 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Found another link that might explain why I don't know much about Vijay Singh:

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/columnists/mark_purdy/7905018.htm

Turns out he's quite a quiet guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home