Sunday, August 15, 2004

Sometimes all it takes is one statement

I can recall several times throughout the past four years -- a period of time which I'll findly recall as some of my best learning years -- when all it took was a simple statement from people that got me headed down a different path. Like the time I'd attended the Trigger Street Short Film Competition at last year's Toronto International Film Festival.

Actor Kevin Spacey, one of the founders of the site, was presenting the top three awards for the films on that evening.

One of the winning contestants at the time said: "A film is only made through two words: sheer will."

No pithy lines. No 12 step program. No formulae. Pure and simple. Sound bite -- easy to understand, and the perfect pick-me-up.

Inspiration comes from places you sometimes least expect it. If we took more time to listen to what was happening around us, we'd key into a whole wealth of inspirational leadership. Thunder and lightening.

Leaders are not only those we know. Oftentimes they're the ones we don't know. Maybe leaders are the sage ones in life who just dang-well know how to keep it simple?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home