Friday, January 27, 2006

Cross-post: Book Review: Down and Dirty Pictures

I've posted a book review on one of my other blogs, My DIY Film/Writing School. It's about the film business, but there are lessons to do with all kinds of leadership.

For example:

"[The book] brings up the question that every aspiring filmmaker needs to ask: how far am I willing to go from my own personal beliefs and standards, into the standards generally held by the society I want to get into.

In other words, am I prepared to become some ruthless son-of-a-bitch in order to compete against other SOBs? Or do I think my beliefs are strong enough to ensure me victory against said SOBs, as long as I don't violate those principles and beliefs.

It's one of those answers that you can only find out by trying."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home