Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Richard Wicka and the HOTF

Richard Wicka's a just a great guy with a great idea. And he's not even a web guy, so to speak.

Funny way how he and I met. I'd written a film review and posted it somewhere on the web -- now and again I have a tendency to do so. Next thing you know, I receive a thank you email. Seems Richard was bold and kind enough to follow through.

Several more email exchanges later, I quickly found myself a most willing particpant in the Home of the Future Project.

The technique is so staggeringly simple. Take a friend, a colleague, a public servant, or just about anybody with a bone to pick mix it with a story to tell or some beef and bake it. Well, sort of...just get them to deliver it within 5 minutes in front of a camera.

It's uncanny how challenging this can in fact be, getting down to the brass tacks of it all. I've since had a chance to review several more segments since our first meeting, and recently submitted my personal nominations for three of the 17 weeks shot so far.

It's a competition of sorts. Twenty-two finalists will be selected from this grand group of nominees, reviewed by a Committee of Reviewers.

Then these winning entries will be stamped onto a packaged DVD, authored, then distributed at a premiere to he held in Buffalo, New York, where Richard practices law.

My experience? People were frank, forthright, and -- doggone it!-- fulminated so passionately about the things meaninful in their lives that I can totally see this catching on in other places.

But don't take my word for it.

Surf on over. Send him email. Turn on, tune in, and tickle your fancy.

He'll be glad you did. And so will you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home